Better Health Channel
  • Community rehabilitation centres can help find you somewhere to live. You can contact a centre directly or ask your healthcare team to do it for you.
  • The Doorway program helps people who are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless, to find safe and stable housing, and to find a job.
  • There are services that will give you support at home while you recover from and learn to manage your mental illness. Talk to your local doctor or your local council and ask them to put you in touch with the services that will best support you.
  • Home and Community Care (HACC) services can support older people to continue to live independently in their own home.

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 18-09-2015