Clinical residential rehabilitation services (community care units) provide medium- to long-term accommodation, clinical care and rehabilitation services for people with a serious mental illness and psychosocial disability. Located in residential areas, they provide a homelike environment where people can learn or re-learn everyday skills necessary for successful community living.
- Medium- to long-term clinical and rehabilitation support
- Access to 24-hour multidisciplinary clinical support and treatment
- Individualised assessment and care planning
- Psycho-education and support to carers
- Monitoring, engagement and support of people receiving involuntary treatment under the Mental Health Act 2014
People with a severe mental illness or disorder who require 24-hour clinical support in a community environment
Clinical residential rehabilitation services may be partly or fully covered by Medicare.
Contact the service before you attend if you would like more information about cost.
Calls to an approved mental health service are charged at the cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria.