Better Health Channel
  • If you feel uneasy about the conduct (behaviour) or performance of your doctor, it may be a warning sign that something is wrong and that they are practising in an unsafe or inappropriate way.
  • You can talk about your concern with your doctor or health service directly.
  • If you are uncomfortable doing this, or if you are not satisfied with their response, you can contact the Health Complaints Commissioner, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or the Medical Board of Australia (the Board).
  • The Health Complaints Commissioner investigates and resolves complaints about healthcare and the handling of health information in Victoria.
  • AHPRA helps the Board protect the public by responding to concerns about doctors and making sure they are safe to practise.
  • All doctors practising in Victoria must be registered with the Board. 

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 13-05-2019