Better Health Channel
  • As a carer, you have the right to make a complaint about the care or service given to the person you care for.
  • Complaints from carers are treated with the same respect as complaints directly from the person in their care.
  • Make your complaint as soon as possible, either in person or in writing.
  • All state government, local council and government-funded services have processes for hearing and dealing with complaints within their organisation.
  • If you are unhappy with the responses from the service involved or the organisation they represent, you can make a formal complaint to a regulatory body or authority, such as the Health Complaints Commissioner or the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner.

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 20-10-2015