Better Health Channel
  • If you are unhappy about the way a Victorian family, child or relationship service has treated you, you have a right to complain.
  • As a first step to resolving any complaint, it is a good idea to try to work it out directly with the person or organisation involved.
  • Complaints about any practitioner in Victoria who claims to be offering a healthcare service can be made to the Victorian Health Complaints Commissioner.
  • Complaints about how Child Protection has treated you or your family can be made by contacting the Department of Health & Human Services’ Complaints, Integrity and Privacy Unit.
  • If you cannot resolve your child protection complaint directly with the department, you can contact the Victorian Ombudsman.

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 19-10-2015