Better Health Channel
  • If you need immediate assistance, call 000
  • If you feel that something is not quite right with your thoughts, feelings or behaviour, talk to your local doctor about these concerns
  • Your local doctor can diagnose and treat some mental health problems or can refer you to other healthcare practitioners for help
  • For immediate help in a serious mental health crisis, call the police, ambulance staff or a doctor might call the Acute Community Intervention Service (ACIS)
  • If you are a Medicare card holder there are a number of government programs that can help you pay for mental healthcare

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 18-09-2015