Better Health Channel
  • Personal issues can affect your work, your relationships and your family life.
  • If you are having personal or relationship problems, there are a range of services that can help you.  
  • If your relationship feels unsafe, there are family violence and relationship services that may be able to help.
  • Call 1800 RESPECT for information about family violence support on Tel. 1800 737 732.
  • The Family Relationship Advice Line (Tel. 1800 050 321) provides information and advice for people experiencing family relationship or separation issues. 
  • If you would like help from an LGBTIQA+ friendly helpline to work through relationship or parenting issues, you can contact Rainbow Door on Tel. 1800 729 367.
  • Family relationship centres all over Australia provide family counselling services to people from all cultural backgrounds.

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 01-03-2022