Sexual Health Victoria (SHV) promotes sexual and reproductive health for Victorians. Its services focus on sexual and reproductive healthcare, education and advocacy.
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare clinics
- Training programs and professional development for healthcare professionals and allied health professionals
- Professional development for teachers and youth/community workers
- School and community sexuality education
- Education and healthcare resources
- Bookshop and library
- Research and advocacy
- Advice line
- Action centre – provides sexual and reproductive health services for people under 25
Available to anyone in Victoria
How to access
To find out more about Sexual Health Victoria (SHV)
- Call SHV Melbourne CBD Clinic: (03) 9660 4700
- Call SHV Box Hill Clinic: (03) 9257 0100
- Or (free call): 1800 013 95
Visit the Sexual Health website.
The National Relay Service is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for 1300 664 786
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 664 786
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service , then ask for 1300 664 786.
- The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
- If you would prefer to discuss your health or treatment in a language other than English, an interpreter can be arranged for you at no cost.
- Interpreter services are also available free of charge for people with a speech or hearing impairment.
The cost varies depending on the . Contact the service before you attend if you would like more information about charges.
- Calls are charged at the cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria.
- Calls to the 1800 number are free for Victorians.
- Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
WebsiteSexual Health Victoria (SHV)
- You can talk about your options for contraception with a doctor or reproductive health nurse.
- If you have had a positive pregnancy test and are not sure what path you want to take, SHV
pregnancy choices support service can help. SHV nurses will take you through all the options
available to you, giving you objective, factual information to help you in making an informed
- If you are concerned about your sexual health, please see your doctor or visit an SHV clinic.