SummaryRead the full fact sheet
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs can help you with a range of different issues, including lowered mood, anxiety, substance use or addiction, or any distress you may have.
- The Hubs can also support people to address life stressors such as homelessness, financial difficulties and social isolation.
- If you’re having a difficult time or are feeling overwhelmed, you can call Tel. 1300 375 330 to have an initial discussion about your needs or you can drop by one of the walk-in services.
- You do not need a referral from a GP or health professional to access support through a Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub.
- All support is free and available to everyone of all ages right across Victoria.
- In an emergency where there is immediate risk of harm to a person, call Triple Zero (000). For 24-hour crisis support, call Lifeline on Tel. 13 11 14.
Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs are available to help anyone who is feeling overwhelmed or having a difficult time.
Watch the following video with Sam Beard, Program Lead on visiting the Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs.
Find your nearest Hub
All Hubs are open Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm. Note that opening hours may be reduced over December and January, and services are closed on public holidays.
Who is this service for?
The Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs are available to Victorians of all ages who have any mental health or wellbeing concerns.
Support is also available for families, friends and carers of people who are experiencing mental health issues.
Is this service free?
Yes, support is free and available to everyone who lives in Victoria. The Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs are funded by the Victorian Government.
What will happen when I first call?
A support worker will simply ask you “How can we help?.”
Whatever you need help with – big or small – you will be supported all the way through. Depending on what you feel comfortable with, appointments can be face-to-face or via telehealth.
Do I need to make an appointment to speak to someone?
The Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs provide a mix of face-to-face support, telehealth, mobile outreach, and online delivery.
Some of our Mental Health & Wellbeing Hubs also accept walk-ins.
Do I need a referral or mental health care plan to access support?
No, you do not need a referral from a GP or a mental health care plan to access support through a Mental Health & Wellbeing Hub.