PANDA – Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia has a helpline offering information, referrals andcounselling to anyone who is concerned about how they are (or someone else is) coping during andafter pregnancy. Extended family and friends can also contact PANDA for support. You do not have tobe diagnosed with perinatal depression to seek help from PANDA.
- Telephone helpline
- Health information
- Advice or counselling
- Family support
- Maternal and child health
- Health service referral
Available throughout Australia to all residents or visitors.
How to access
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 726 306
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 726 306
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 726 306.
There is an interpreting service for callers who speak other languages.
Cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
PANDA has access to support groups and playgroups, doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists,counsellors and support services that have experience in working with those with perinataldepression and anxiety.
- You can call PANDA for support if you or your partner is finding it difficult to cope during or after apregnancy.
- Extended family members and friends can also call PANDA for support and information.
- PANDA can refer you to resources and local services throughout Australia that may help you withyour situation.
- If required, PANDA staff can also contact these health and support services on your behalf.