The Men’s Referral Service is a free, confidential telephone helpline that offers counselling, advice and support to men who have anger, relationship or parenting issues. The service also provides help to women (or other family members) who are experiencing violence or controlling behaviour by men.
- Telephone helpline
- Advice or counselling
- Domestic violence support
Victorian residents or visitors
How to access
Contact the Men's Referral Service for assistance and advice
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 664 786
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 664 786
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 664 786.
Interpreter services are also available free of charge for people with a speech or hearing impairment.
CostsCalls are free from all phones.
- Friends or colleagues who are concerned about a man’s behaviour towards his family may also contact the Men’s Referral Service.
- The trained telephone counsellors will not criticise or judge you.
- When you contact the Men’s Referral Service, you will be given the details of two local men’s behaviour change groups that can help with your situation.
- The men’s behaviour change group offers support and helps you to develop strategies and talk about ways of changing your behaviour.
- The Men’s Referral Service also offers advice and information to healthcare and human services professionals about services that might help their clients.