The confidential, 24-hour Maternal and Child Health Line can give you information and advice about the care and health of your child (from birth to school age). When you call, qualified maternal and child health nurses can discuss your concerns about child health and nutrition, breastfeeding, your own health and any parenting issues.
- Telephone helpline
- Health information
- Health services information
- Health advice
- Advice or counselling
- Family support
- Maternal and child health
- Health service referral
Victoria-based (Australian) residents or visitors
How to access
Contact the Maternal and Child Health Line for information and advice on 13 22 29
The National Relay Service is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment.
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for 1300 00 3224
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 00 3224
- Internet relay users, connect to the then ask for 1300 00 3224.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who
speak other languages. Call 131 450.
If you would prefer to discuss your health or treatment in a language other than English, an interpreter
can be arranged for you at no cost.
Interpreter services are also available free of charge for people with a speech or hearing impairment.
Cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
- Contact the Maternal and Child Health Line for ongoing support and information on child nutrition, breastfeeding, maternal and family health and parenting issues.
- In an emergency, call triple zero (000).
- Your call to the Maternal and Child Health Line is confidential.
- If you need ongoing support, the maternal and child health nurses can refer you to other services that may be able to help.
- Access to interpreters can be arranged for those who do not speak English.