DirectLine offers confidential counselling for people of all ages and backgrounds who are affected by alcohol or drugs. It also provides referral to specialist alcohol or drug treatment services.
- On-the-spot information, counselling and referral for alcohol and drug issues
- Online self-assessment service
- Alcohol and drug response service, especially to remote areas
- Brief interventions to prevent or reduce problems related to drug use
Available to anyone affected by alcohol or drugs in Victoria
How to access
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 664 786
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 664 786
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 664 786.
DirectLine is a free service.
Calls are free from landlines.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
- DirectLine can help whether you are the person affected by alcohol or drug use or if you are a family member, friend, work colleague or classmate of someone having problems.
- When speaking to DirectLine counsellors it is important to be honest. Explain your situation and what you are going through.
- If you don’t want to talk over the phone, you can always go to a DirectLine clinic and talk to someone face to face.