DirectLine offers confidential counselling for people of all ages and backgrounds who are affected by alcohol or drugs. It also provides referral to specialist alcohol or drug treatment services.
- On-the-spot information, counselling and referral for alcohol and drug issues
- Online self-assessment service
- Alcohol and drug response service, especially to remote areas
- Brief interventions to prevent or reduce problems related to drug use
Available to anyone affected by alcohol or drugs in Victoria
How to access
Call 1800 888 236
There is an interpreting service for callers who are not confident in English. Call (03) 9605 3056.
The National Relay Service is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment.
- TTY users, call 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 888 236
- Speak and Listen users, call 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 888 236
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service (https://www.iprelay.com.au), then ask for 1800 888 236.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
DirectLine is a free service.
Calls are free from landlines.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.