The Cognitive, Dementia and Memory Service (CDAMS) is a specialist multidisciplinary diagnostic, referral and educational service for people experiencing memory loss or changes to their thinking (cognition), and for those who care about them.
- Expert clinical diagnosis
- Information on appropriate treatment
- Education and support
- Help in planning for the future
- Information on dealing with day-to-day issues
- Links to other service providers or community supports
Available to anyone experiencing changes to their memory and thinking, and to those who support them
Appointments may be made directly without a doctor’s referral.
The CDAMS may be partly or fully covered by Medicare.
Contact the service before you attend if you would like more information about cost.
- Write down a list of questions to ask while you are there.
- Take a list of your medication with you.
- If you are a carer, family member or friend, ask about dealing with day-to-day issues.