- Breast screening
- Follow-up tests, if necessary
- Available to all women in Australia.
- Contact the service for more information about the eligibility criteria.
- Appointments may be made directly without a doctor’s referral.
BreastScreen Australia is a free service available to eligible women.
RegulationBreastScreen Victoria is part of BreastScreen Australia, the national screening program for breast cancer
- BreastScreen Australia offers free mammograms to women aged between 50 and 74 years, every two years.
- Women aged 40–49 and 75 and over are eligible to receive free mammograms but do not receive an invitation to attend.
- Early detection and treatment can reduce the likelihood of illness and death from breast cancer.
- If you experience any breast symptoms or unusual changes, see your doctor without delay.