The Kids Helpline is a 24-hour telephone service that is available for young people (aged between five and 25) who need advice, counselling or just someone to talk to – no problem is too big or too small. You can talk to the counsellors about anything and they will not criticise or judge you. You can also contact the Kids Helpline by email or online.
- Telephone helpline
- Advice or counselling
- Online counselling
- Telephone counselling
- Help for young people
Available throughout Australia to all residents or visitors
How to access
To contact Kids Help Line
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 664 786
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 664 786
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 664 786.
can be arranged for you at no cost.
Interpreter services are also available free of charge for people with a speech or hearing impairment.
CostsCalls are free from all phones.
- The trained counsellors are there to help you with concerns about a range of issues such as
relationships with family and friends, school, bullying, drug or alcohol use, dealing with abuse,
grief or homelessness, or if you feel scared, sad or angry.
- The counsellors at Kids Helpline are qualified and trained to work with children and young people.
- You can ask to talk to a male or female counsellor when you contact Kids Helpline.
- You can also ask to speak to the same counsellor if you contact Kids Helpline on more than one occasion.
- The Kids Helpline counsellors can also refer you to other services or professionals that might be able to help you with your situation.
- Your call to Kids Helpline is private and you do not have to give your name to the counsellor.