- Vaccinations are recommended for all people to protect them against serious infections and some types of cancer.
- Vaccinations are provided by your GP, the local council (generally for anyone under 18 years), community health services and in secondary school as part of adolescent vaccination programs.
- From 1996 to December 2015 the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) recorded vaccinations given to children in Australia under the age of 7 years.
- From January 2016 to September 2016 the ACIR expanded to include vaccination records for young people up to the age of 20 years.
- In October 2016 the ACIR became the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR), which accepts vaccination records for people of all ages.
- Any vaccinations that were recorded on the ACIR are now recorded on the AIR.
- From November 2018, the National HPV Vaccination Program Register transferred all HPV vaccination records to the AIR.
- It is the role of the vaccination provider (such as your GP or immunisation nurse) to supply details of your vaccinations to the AIR.
How to find your vaccination records
Actions for this page
This page has been produced in consultation with and approved by:
Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.