Better Health Channel
  • Good teeth-cleaning habits and regular visits to a dentist are the best way to take care of your teeth, mouth and gums.
  • Seeing a dentist in your local area is your first step for dental health problems. 
  • Dental health services include dentists, oral health therapists, dental therapists, dental hygienists, dental prosthetists and a range of oral healthcare specialists, including orthodontists. 
  • Free or low-cost dental care is available through Dental Health Services Victoria (DHSV) for eligible Victorians. Private dentists generally cost more. 

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 09-10-2023