Dental Health Services Victoria (DHSV) provides quality public oral healthcare for Victorians. These services are provided through the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne and through community health agencies throughout Victoria, from whom DHSV puchases dental services for public patients.
- Bulk-billed dental care for children
- Free dental work performed by undergraduate dental students. Eligibility criteria apply.
- Free dental treatment. Eligibility criteria apply.
For a full list of eligibility criteria regarding free dental treatment, visit https://www.dhsv.org.au/patients-and-public/who-is-eligible
How to access
If you have a Dental emergency, call 1300 360 054
General dental, call (metropolitan) (03) 9341 1000
General dental, call (rural) 1800 833 039
Visit the Dental Health Services Victoria website.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
The National Relay Service is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment.
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for the number you need
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727 then ask for the number you need
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service then ask for the number you need.
For dental emergencies:
Monday to Friday, 8 am – 8:30 pm
Weekends and public holidays, 8.30 am – 8:00 pm
For general dentistry:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm
DHSV services are free, subject to eligibility criteria. Visit the DHSV website.
to the 1800 number are free for Victorians.
from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.