The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) implements the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme, which oversees 15 national health practitioner boards including the Chinese medicine, chiropractic, dental, pharmacy, physiotherapy and psychology boards.
AHPRA also receives complaints about registered health practitioners on behalf of the national boards and manages the complaints process.
- Receives complaints (called ‘notifications’) about health practitioners covered by the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme
- Publishes information about the registration status of health practitioners in Australia
Available to anyone in Australia
How to access
Call 1300 419 495
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for 1300 419 495.
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727, then ask for 1300 419 495.
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 1800 858 858.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
AHPRA provides a free complaints service.
Calls are charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.