No Jab No Play – information for parents
All parents/guardians planning to enrol their child at childcare or kindergarten in Victoria must provide the service with evidence that their child is:
- fully immunised for their age OR
- on a vaccination catch-up program OR
- unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.
Your GP or immunisation nurse will refer to national clinical guidelines to determine what vaccines are recommended at what age, what needs to be on a catch-up program and what is considered a valid medical reason not to be fully immunised.
The ‘No Jab No Play’ law applies to all early childhood education and care services in Victoria that provide:
- long day care
- occasional care
- family day care.
What you need to do
If your child is fully immunised:
On enrolment in an early childhood education and care service, provide the service your child’s most recent Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) as evidence of your child's immunisation.
- You can print a copy of your child’s Immunisation History Statement from your myGov account
- Call the AIR on phone 1800 653 809
- visit a Medicare or Centrelink office.
If your child is not fully immunised (or if you are not sure if your child is fully immunised, or you’re interested to find out more) you may wish to: