There are simple things you can do to Beat the bite!
Protect yourself and your family from mosquito-borne disease:
- Wear loose-fitting clothing when outdoors.
- Use mosquito repellents containing DEET or picaridin on exposed skin.
- Try to limit outdoor activity if lots of mosquitoes are about (usually dusk and dawn).
- Make sure there is no stagnant water where mosquitoes can breed around your home.
- On holidays make sure your accommodation is properly fitted with mosquito netting or screens.
- Don’t forget the kids – it’s safer to spray or rub insect repellents on their clothes rather than directly onto their skin.
Use these checklists to protect yourself and your family from mosquitoes
Learn how to protect yourself from mosquito bites
Know your mosquito facts
Learn more about protecting yourself from mosquitoes
Reviewed on: 26-08-2021