For emergency or life-threatening situations, you should always call Triple Zero (000) or visit your nearest emergency department.
Every Victorian has a NURSE-ON-CALL
NURSE-ON-CALL puts you directly in touch with a registered nurse for caring, professional health advice around the clock.
You could call when:
- you or someone you’re caring for is feeling unwell
- it’s the middle of the night and you are not sure if you should seek medical help
- you’re away from home or situated a long way from medical help
- you simply want advice or information about health services in your area.
When you call
Step 1 – A registered nurse will answer your call and collect some basic details.
Step 2 – The nurse will then ask you a series of questions about your symptoms and other issues relating to your health.
Step 3 – At the end of the call the nurse may suggest ways you can care for yourself, advise you to contact a GP or, in the event that your condition is very serious, transfer your call to Triple Zero (000).
The nurses do not provide a full diagnosis of your symptoms.
The nurses use the most up-to-date health information available, giving you the highest quality advice for the subject you are calling about.
All information you provide remains confidential and records are fully secure.
In your language
- Health advice
- Health services information
- Available 24 hours day, 7 days a week
- Calls are charged at the cost of a local call.
- Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.