A fertility specialist is a medical professional who specialises in diagnosing and treating fertility problems, in order to help people who have been unsuccessfully trying to have a baby. Fertility specialists treat conditions associated with both male and female infertility.
Common fertility-related conditions treated by fertility specialists include , hormonal disorders, weight or age-related infertility, (PCOS), , , blocked fallopian tubes, abnormal sperm production, azoospermia, fertility related to certain conditions.
- Blood tests
- Ultrasound scans
- Pre-pregnancy screening tests
- Fertility assessments
- Fertility treatment planning
- Fertility treatments, such as
- Ovulation cycle tracking
- Ovulation induction
- Artificial insemination (AI)
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) treatment
- Time-lapse imaging
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Fertility surgery
- Fertility preservation
- Assisted reproductive treatments such as surrogacy, and egg, sperm or embryo donation
- Fertility treatment for same sex couples
You need a referral from a doctor to see a fertility specialist.
How to access
Ask your doctor about how to make an appointment with your fertility specialist.