Better Health Channel
  • If you are experiencing relationship problems, call Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277 for telephone counselling.
  • If you are a parent with mental illness, your doctor can point you towards services that can help you, such as Early Parenting Centres.
  • If your child has a mental illness, there are lots of mental health support services for young people, such as ReachOut, Youthbeyondblue and Headspace.
  • If you are experiencing mental illness, speak with your family and close friends and work out a plan for crises.
  • You may be eligible for personal and financial support if you care for a family member with a mental illness. Contact Centrelink and ask what your options are.

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 18-09-2015