The Women’s Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE) offers women information, advice, support and referrals on a range of issues such as how to deal with family violence or relationships, how to find accommodation, work or study, or how to find legal advice or counselling.
- Telephone helpline
- Advice or counselling
- Crisis support
- Family support
- Domestic violence support
- Livechat support
- Accommodation referral
Available to women in Victoria.
How to access
Livechat online support service via the WIRE website.
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 134 130
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 134 130
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 134 130.
Calls are free from landlines.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
You don’t need an appointment to visit the WIRE Women’s Information Centre.
- WIRE staff and volunteers can offer emotional and practical support on issues such as abuse, stalking, bullying, anxiety and depression.
- Your call to WIRE is confidential and the staff can help you access other services and professionals that might be able to assist with your situation.
- Joining education programs (such as computer classes) and using the internet and computer facilities at the Women’s Information Centre is free.