The (VICSES) manages the emergency response to storms, floods,tsunamis and earthquakes in Victoria. The SES also helps with road rescues, search and rescue andwith major bushfire events. You can also find information about .
Information about current emergencies is available at all times on the VICSES website.
- Emergency response
- Emergency management
- Emergency advice
- Community education
Anyone in Victoria.
How to accessCall 132 500 for flood, storm, tsunami or earthquake emergencies, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in Victoria.
- TTY users, call, then ask for 132 500
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 132 500
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 132 500.
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1800 226 226
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1800 226 226
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1800 226 226.
Visit Victoria State Emergency Service for:
Cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
The Victoria SES website has information to help you prepare for floods, storms, earthquakes and tsunamis.
- For life-threatening emergencies, always call triple zero (000).
- The 1800 226 226 line for current emergency information is only available during large-scale emergencies.
- Victoria SES units provide road rescue in the outer suburbs of Melbourne and in Victorian regional areas.
- Victoria SES works with local governments to develop emergency management plans, education and training.