Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre provides treatment and support to people affected by alcoholor drug use. Turning Point also conducts research into alcohol and drug misuse and provides trainingto health and welfare professionals.
- Treatment and support for people affected by alcohol or drugs
- Education and training programs for healthcare professionals
Available to anyone in Australia.
How to access
Visit the Turning website.
Call 1800 778 278 for treatment services in Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse and Monash.
Call 1300 007 873 for treatment services in Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges.
Education and training services
Call (03) 8413 8700.
The National Relay Service is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for 1800 778 278
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 778 278
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service , then ask for 1800 778 278.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
The costs of Turning Point services vary. Contact the service before you attend if you would like more information about cost.
Calls to the 1800 number are free for Victorians.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
- You are not alone. Counselling, help and support are always available.
- Do not feel like things have to be really bad before you ask for help.
- In an emergency, call triple zero (000)
- - 131 114 (Australia-wide)
- NURSE-ON-CALL - 1300 60 60 24 (Victoria only)
- - 1300 651 251 (Victoria only).
- Kids - 1800 55 1800 (Australia-wide).