The Suicide Call Back Service is a confidential 24-hour crisis support line available 24 hours a day, 7days a week. You can call the Suicide Call Back Service if you or someone you know is at risk ofsuicide, if you have been affected by suicide, or if you are supporting people who have been affectedby suicide. The Suicide Call Back Service gives you access to immediate telephone and onlinecounselling and up to six further telephone counselling sessions.
- Telephone helpline
- Crisis support
- Suicide prevention
- Telephone counselling
- Online counselling
- Health services information
- Health service referral
Anyone in Australia.
How to access
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 659 467
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 659 467
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 659 467.
Cost of a local call from anywhere in Australia.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
You can ask for help and support if events or experiences in your life are making you feel distressed or overwhelmed. If your life is in immediate danger, call triple zero (000).
- Call the Suicide Call Back Service if you are experiencing a personal crisis and finding it difficult to cope.
- You can discuss any topic that is causing you distress and the qualified counsellors, psychologists and social workers will not criticise or judge you.
- The trained counsellors can give you confidential counselling, support and information.
- Call the Suicide Call Back Service if you are concerned about someone and think that their safety is at risk.
- If you need ongoing support, the Suicide Call Back Service might be able to provide you with up to six telephone counselling sessions, especially if you live in a remote location.