Better Health Channel


The St Kilda Crisis Contact Centre offers support, information and referrals to people who are indifficult situations. You can call the telephone helpline if you need help with housing, dealing withfamily violence or dealing with difficulties such as mental health, alcohol or drug issues.

Services provided

  • Telephone helpline
  • Crisis support
  • Domestic violence support
  • Help for young people
  • Referrals
  • Accommodation referral


Anyone in Victoria.

How to access

Call 1800 627 727 or (03) 9536 7777 (Crisis Contact Centre).

Call 1800 825 955 (Homelessness Support).


Calls to the 1800 numbers are free from landlines.

Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.


You do not need an appointment to visit the St Kilda Crisis Contact Centre – just drop in.


  • The St Kilda Crisis Contact Centre can refer you to emergency or crisis accommodation services.
  • They will also give you details of other support services that might be able to help you with long-term housing, income support through Centrelink and legal advice.
  • The St Kilda Crisis Contact Centre can help you develop strategies and a plan to help deal with your situation.