The Sexual Assault Crisis Line Victoria (SACL) is a statewide, after-hours, confidential telephone crisis
counselling service for people who have experienced sexual assault (both recently and in the past).
- After-hours telephone crisis counselling support and information
- Coordination of a crisis care response for Victorians who have experienced sexual assault within the last two weeks
- Support and information for non-offending family and friends
- Information on legal and medical rights and options
Available to anyone in Victoria.
How to access
Visit the SACL website.
Call 1800 806 292 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Emergency line, call 8345 3494 (5.00 pm to 9.00 am, 7 days a week).
The National Relay Service
(NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
TTY users, call 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 806 292
- Speak and Listen users, call 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 806 292
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service, then ask for 1800 806 292.
There is an interpreting service for callers who speak other languages.
Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Emergency line – 5.00 pm to 9.00 am, 7 days a week.
The Sexual Assault Crisis Line provides a free service.
Calls to the 1800 number are free for Victorians.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.