PrivateHealth.gov.au is an Australian Government website that explains how privatehealth insurance works, and who and what is covered. It also provides the StandardInformation Statements (SIS) from every registered health fund, which allows you tocompare health insurance policies.
- Information about how private health insurance works
- Online policy comparison for every Australian health insurance policy
- Health insurance questions answered through an online form
Available to anyone in Australia.
How to access
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 737 299
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 737 299
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 737 299.
PrivateHealth.gov.au is a free service.
Calls to the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman are charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
If you have a problem with your health insurance arrangements, you should first discuss it directly with your health fund or provider.