Parentline is a statewide telephone counselling and support service for all Victorian parents and carers of children from 0-18 years.
Experienced social workers, psychologists and family therapists can give you counselling and information around a wide range of parenting issues.
Parentline aims to:
- contribute to the development of positive parenting and personal coping strategies and skills
- enhance parent/child relationships
- promote and contribute to the confidence, resilience and wellbeing of families
- link families with their local community resources and services.
- Telephone helpline (available 8am to 12 midnight – 7 days a week, every day of the year).
- Expert parenting advice and support from qualified and experienced counsellors.
- Confidential and anonymous advice and calls are not time limited.
- Ring as often as you need, and you can ask to speak to the same counsellor.
- Advice on issues such as child behaviour and development, family relationships, education, bullying, living with teenagers, family violence and parental stress.
- Information on parenting services in your local area.
- Secondary consultation is available for professionals who work with parents and carers.
Available to all Victorian parents and carers with children 0-18 years.
How to access
Contact Parentline for parenting information and advice on 13 22 89.
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
8.00 am to 12.00 am (midnight), 7 days a week.
Cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria. We can call you back to minimise the cost.
If you are unsure, check with your service provider.