- Telephone helpline (available 8 am to 12 midnight, 7 days a week, every day of the year).
- Expert parenting advice and support from qualified and experienced counsellors.
- Confidential and anonymous advice and calls are not time limited.
- Ring as often as you need, and you can ask to speak to the same counsellor.
- Advice on issues such as child behaviour and development, family relationships, education, bullying, living with teenagers, family violence and parental stress.
- Information on parenting services in your local area.
- Secondary consultation is available for professionals who work with parents and carers.
Available to all Victorian parents and carers with children 0 to 18 years.
Cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria. We can call you back to minimise the cost.
If you are unsure, check with your service provider.
Parentline offers help to parents with children who are up to 18 years old.
- Parentline counsellors are experienced social workers, psychologists and counsellors and will not criticise or judge you when you call them.
- The trained staff at Parentline can help you develop strategies that could improve your relationship with your children and the rest of your family.
- Parentline counsellors do not offer medical or legal advice but they can refer you to appropriate services that might be able to help you.