Better Health Channel


The Disability Services Commissioner is an independent agency that helps resolve complaints raised by, or on behalf of, people who receive disability services in Victoria. If you have a complaint, contact the office for advice.

Services provided

  • Responds to and helps resolve complaints about registered disability services, funded and contracted service providers, and disability services provided by the Department of Health and Human Services
  • Provides processes for conciliation
  • Formal investigation of complaints, when required


Available to anyone with a disability in Victoria.

How to access

Call (free call) 1800 677 342

Visit the Office for the Disability Services Commissioner website

Email the Office for the Disability Services Commissioner complaints section 

The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.


The Disability Services Commissioner provides a free service.
Calls to the 1800 number are free from landlines.


  • You can contact the Disability Services Commissioner to talk about your concerns and options – they may be able to help you raise your concerns with the service without making a formal complaint.


  • You have the right to speak up and have your concerns heard.
  • The Disability Services Commissioner is completely independent, and separate from disability services and the Department of Health and Human Services.
  • The Disability Services Commissioner does not handle complaints about disability employment, breaches of privacy, the Companion Card or eligibility for services.