The office of the Disability Services Commissioner (DSC) is an independent agency that helps resolve complaints in Victoria.
DSC can help with enquiries and complaints about disability services delivered by registered disability service providers under the Disability Act 2006 that are:
• Funded or contracted by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH)
• Funded by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC).
The Disability Services Commissioner does not handle complaints about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or services funded by the scheme, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), disability employment services, the Companion Card program or Centrelink.
- Takes enquiries and complaints on the free telephone enquiry line
- Responds to and helps resolve complaints about services delivered by registered disability service providers in Victoria that are, funded and contracted by DFFH or TAC.
Anyone can use DSC services.
- The Disability Services Commissioner provides a free service.
- Calls to the 1800 number are free from landlines but there may be a cost from a mobile phone.