The Victorian Paediatric Rehabilitation Services(VPRS) assists children to improve their functional abilities and achieve their maximum potential through specialised inpatient or ambulatory services, clinics and programs.
VPRS services are available at the Royal Children's Hospital and Monash Health. Eight ambulatory services are located at Ballarat Health Services, Barwon Health, Bendigo Health Care Group, Eastern Health, Goulburn Valley Health, Latrobe Health Service, Monash Health and the Royal Children’s Hospital.
- Acquired brain injury services and clinics
- Physical rehabilitation services and clinics
- Spinal cord injury and disease services and clinics
- Chronic fatigue service and clinic
- Tone management clinics
- Combined orthopaedic and rehabilitation clinics
- Combined rehabilitation and plastics clinics
VPRS also has a range of programs:
- Intensive rehabilitation
- Transitional programs to home and community
- Reconditioning programs
- Interdisciplinary assessments and rehabilitation planning for future surgeries or treatments
- Assessment clinics that can provide advice on treatment and intervention.
- Consultation and advice
- Community integration including home, school and facility visits in conjunction with local professionals
- Group programs in areas such as mobility, social skills, sports and recreation and school transition
- Teaching and research programs
Victorian children aged up to 18 years of age.
How to access
VPRS takes referrals from any of the people listed below. Visit your local paediatrician and/or General Practitioner to get a medical referral prior to your first appointment.
- General Practitioners
- Health Professionals
- Paediatric Service Providers
There is no cost to Victorians.