The Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program was established to provide a consultation-liaison
team for children with a life-threatening or life-limiting illness.
The Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program team works closely with nurses from The Royal Children’s Hospital, Very Special Kids and Monash Health to coordinate patient care between
hospital and community carers, and to provide patient management advice.
The aim of the program is to ensure children and adolescents with life-limiting conditions and their
families receive the best possible palliative care by providing information, advice and support to
families and the health professionals caring for them.
- Care coordination
- Communication assistance between specialist hospital care and community care providers
- Advice regarding patient management
- Educational activities for staff from hospital and community agencies
Available to any child with a life-threatening or life-limiting illness.
How to access
Call (03) 9345 5374.
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for (03) 9345 5374
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727 then ask for (03) 9345 5374
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service, then ask for (03) 9345 5374.
Visit The Royal Children's Hospital - Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program
Monday to Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
The Victorian Paediatric Palliative Care Program is a free service.