DescriptionSANE Australia is a national organisation helping all Australians affected by mental illness to lead a better life – through support, training and education.
- Help programs and campaigns
- Telephone helpline
- Online help
- Real-time online chat
- Information and resources
Available to anyone in Australia.
How to access.
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1800 18 7263
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1800 18 7263
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1800 18 7263.
SANE is a free service.
Calls to SANE are charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
- When speaking to SANE, provide as much detail as you can about how you are feeling or the kind of behaviours you are experiencing.
- Factsheets about mental illness and related topics, such as treatments, suicide and drugs, are available for download from the SANE website.