- Telephone helpline (available 8am to 12 midnight – 7 days a week, every day of the year).
- Expert parenting advice and support from qualified and experienced counsellors.
- Confidential and anonymous advice and calls are not time limited.
- Ring as often as you need, and you can ask to speak to the same counsellor.
- Advice on issues such as child behaviour and development, family relationships, education, bullying, living with teenagers, family violence and parental stress.
- Information on parenting services in your local area.
- Secondary consultation is available for professionals who work with parents and carers.
Available to all Victorian parents and carers with children 0-18 years.
How to access
- TTY users, call, then ask for 13 22 89
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 13 22 89
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 13 22 89.
Cost of a local call from anywhere in Victoria. We can call you back to minimise the cost.
If you are unsure, check with your service provider.
Parentline offers help to parents with children who are up to 18 years old.
- Parentline counsellors are experienced social workers, psychologists and counsellors and will notcriticise or judge you when you call them.
- The trained staff at Parentline can help you develop strategies that could improve your relationshipwith your children and the rest of your family.
- Parentline counsellors do not offer medical or legal advice but they can refer you to appropriateservices that might be able to help you.