The Multi Purpose Taxi Program (MPTP) helps with the travel needs of people with severe and permanent disabilities. Members of the program receive subsidised taxi fares.
- Subsidised taxi fares
Available to people with severe and permanent disabilities in Victoria - eligibility criteria apply
How to access
Find out about the Multi-purpose Taxi Program
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1800 638 802
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1800 638 802
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1800 638 802.
If you would prefer to discuss your health or treatment in a language other than English, an interpreter can be arranged for you at no cost.
Interpreter services are also available free of charge for people with a speech or hearing impairment.
CostsMPTP is a free service.
Calls are free from landlines.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
- Read the eligibility criteria to see if you can apply for the Multi Purpose Taxi Program.
- Make sure your doctor completes their part of the application form.
- Road tolls, airport fees and Silver Service fees are not part of the metered fare and they must be paid in full by the passenger.
- MPTP members with a wheelchair or scooter are never required to pay the lifting fee as it is covered under their MPTP membership.
- The taxi meter must not be turned on while a wheelchair or scooter is being loaded or unloaded. If a driver asks you to pay a lifting fee, take their details and report the incident to the Taxi Services Commission.