The Australian Red Cross provides crisis relief and care to vulnerable people both in Australia and overseas. It does this during and after emergency situations and in an ongoing way with disadvantaged communities. The Australian Red Cross Blood Service collects, tests, processes and distributes all blood in Australia.
- National emergency preparedness, response and recovery
- International aid and development
- Protecting people in war by championing international humanitarian law
- Overcoming the impact of migration
- Strengthening disadvantaged communities
- Partnering with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to support families and communities working toward positive change
- First aid courses and products
- Blood service including collection, testing, and distribution
Available to anyone in Australia
How to access
The Australian Red Cross mostly provides assistance through governments and other agencies.
Most of the Red Cross services are free, but some services such as first aid courses and training are fee based.