DescriptionThe Australian Red Cross provides crisis relief and care to vulnerable people both in Australia and overseas. It does this during and after emergency situations and in an ongoing way with disadvantaged communities. The Australian Red Cross Blood Service collects, tests, processes and distributes all blood in Australia.
- National emergency preparedness, response and recovery
- International aid and development
- Protecting people in war by championing international humanitarian law
- Overcoming the impact of migration
- Strengthening disadvantaged communities
- Partnering with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to support families and communities working toward positive change
- First aid courses and products
- Blood service including collection, testing, and distribution
Available to anyone in Australia
CostsMost of the Red Cross services are free, but some services such as first aid courses and training are fee based.
- You can help the Red Cross in a number of ways: by becoming a member, by volunteering your time to work with vulnerable people or by fundraising
- Donating blood is easy and a rewarding way to make a difference. Become a blood donor today.
- In an emergency, call triple zero (000).