DrugInfo is a service provided by the Australian Drug Foundation that provides information about
alcohol and other drugs and resources to prevent alcohol- and drug-related harm.
- Resource centre featuring a comprehensive library and information service for people working and studying in alcohol- and drug-related work settings
- Publications profiling evidence-based research
- Mobile-friendly website where visitors can search for information about individual drugs, find
resources for clients and for professional development, and find out where to get help
- Seminars and webinars to keep up to date with the alcohol and drug treatment field
- Get the effects by txt! – an SMS-based drug information service providing people with information
about the effects of drugs in a confidential and accessible way 24 hours a day
Available to anyone affect by alcohol and drug problems
How to access
Call 1300 85 85 84
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for 1300 85 85 84
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 85 85 84
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service (https://internet-
relay.nrscall.gov.au/), then ask for 1300 85 85 84.
Get the effects by txt!
- Simply text the name of the drug you want to know about to 0439 TELL ME (0439 835 563).
- You’ll then receive an SMS about the effects of the drug, as well as links to further information and help.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
DrugInfo is a free service.
Calls are charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.