Better Health Channel


If you are in danger right now, call Triple Zero (000). If you are not in immediate danger, but feel unsafe, contact The Orange Door.

The Orange Door can help if:

  • you need help with parenting, or you are worried about the wellbeing or development of a child or young person
  • someone close to you is making you feel afraid or unsafe such as your partner, ex-partner, family member or carer
  • you are a child or young person who doesn’t feel safe or cared for
  • you are at risk of using abusive or controlling behaviour or you need help with these behaviours at home or in a relationship
  • you are worried about the safety of someone you know
  • you have experienced family violence, including controlling behaviour like someone monitoring where you go, who you visit or how you spend money.

Services provided

  • Adults, children and young people's family violence services
  • Child and family services
  • Aboriginal services
  • Services for people who use violence


Anyone in Victoria

How to access

The Orange Door is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (closed public holidays). Out-of-hours support is availableExternal Link .

Search by suburb or postcode to find a service near youExternal Link .

There are multiple ways to access help and support from The Orange Door, including face-to-face, and via phone or email. Tell us if you have special requirements, for example if you use communication aids or require an interpreter, including Auslan.