Rural Financial Counselling Victoria provides confidential, independent financial assessment and support for farming families and small rural businesses facing financial difficulty. Rural Financial Counselling groups are regionally based throughout Victoria.
- Financial assessment
- Help with cash flow and budgeting
- Business planning
- Review of contracts and loan applications
- Farm debt mediation
- Information on government assistance schemes
- Information on and referral to Centrelink and professional counselling services
- Help with family decision-making regarding your farm or rural business, including succession planning
Available to rural businesses, with fewer than ten full-time equivalent employees, that provide the majority of their services to primary producers, and are directly involved in primary production (for example, fencing contractors and businesses providing harvesting, spraying or stock management services)
How to access
Call (03) 5442 2424
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
Rural Financial Counselling is a free service.
- Rural financial counsellors can help you develop a one year productivity and financial forecast and then incorporate that into a 5-year-and-beyond plan for the future.
If you are in urgent need of help with bill payments or Farm Debt Mediation, contact your local Rural Financial Counsellor service for immediate assistance.
For crisis counselling, call:
- beyondblue 1300 22 4636
- MensLine 1300 78 99 78
- WIRE (Women’s Information and Referral Exchange) 1300 134 130