Better Health Channel
  • Contact the Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service or the Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria for advice and practical help.
  • Ask a trusted relative, friend or neighbour for help – for example, they could gather information for you or talk to the police or other agencies.
  • Devise a safety plan that you can use if you have to leave suddenly.

Give feedback about this page

More information

Content disclaimer

Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.

Reviewed on: 30-06-2014