- Respite options include in-home support, overnight or weekend facility-based support, recreation-based programs and camps and host family stays for children or young people with a disability.
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme provides tailored support and services for people with a disability, their families and carers. The NDIS is available in the Barwon area and will roll out in Victoria over three years from 1 July 2016.
- Visit the National Disability Insurance Scheme website.
- The National Respite for Carers Program (NRCP) provides Commonwealth Government-subsidised access to a variety of respite options. Call the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre on 1800 052 222
- Call Disability Intake and Response Services on 1800 783 783 for information about state government funded disability respite supports and services.
- Ask if there are any fees for the respite care service you need.
Respite supports and services for people with a disability
Actions for this page
This page has been produced in consultation with and approved by:
Content on this website is provided for information purposes only. Information about a therapy, service, product or treatment does not in any way endorse or support such therapy, service, product or treatment and is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or other registered health professional. The information and materials contained on this website are not intended to constitute a comprehensive guide concerning all aspects of the therapy, product or treatment described on the website. All users are urged to always seek advice from a registered health care professional for diagnosis and answers to their medical questions and to ascertain whether the particular therapy, service, product or treatment described on the website is suitable in their circumstances. The State of Victoria and the Department of Health shall not bear any liability for reliance by any user on the materials contained on this website.