WorkSafe Victoria has a 24-hour emergency response line that you can call to report serious accidents or incidents in the workplace. WorkSafe inspectors will then be sent to your workplace. WorkSafe Victoria also has information on how to avoid injuries or accidents at work.
- Telephone helpline
- Emergency services
- Emergency response
- Emergency referral
- Workplace emergencies
Available to workers in Victoria.
How to access
For claim-related information, a 24-hour recorded information service is available to speakers of the following languages:
- Arabic, call
- Cantonese, call
- Greek, call
- Italian, call
- Macedonian, call
- Mandarin, call
- Serbian, call
- Spanish, call
- Turkish, call
- Vietnamese, call
- TTY users, call, then ask for 13 23 60
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 13 23 60
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 13 23 60.
Calls charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.
- Emergencies at work should be reported by contacting the emergency response line.
- WorkSafe inspectors will be sent to your workplace when you call the emergency response line.
- WorkSafe has information about safety and prevention that can help make your workplace safe.