DescriptionThe Victorian Disability Worker Commission is an independent regulator that commenced services on 1 July 2020. The Commission investigates complaints and notifications about the conduct of disability workers in Victoria. The Commission will also administer a registration scheme for Victorian disability workers.
- Receives and investigates complaints and notifications about Victorian disability workers from people with disability and their advocates, and disability workers, service providers and educational institutions.
- Regulates the behaviour of Victorian disability workers through a Code of Conduct.
- Manages the registration scheme for Victorian disability workers (to commence in July 2021).
Available to all Victorians.
CostsThe Victorian Disability Worker Commission provides a free service.
- We are a ‘one stop shop’ and can investigate complaints or notifications about Victorian disability workers or can refer you on to the appropriate service if needed.
- The Victorian Disability Worker Commission is completely independent and separate from the Department of Health and Human Services.