PrivateHealth.gov.au is an Australian Government website that explains how private
health insurance works, and who and what is covered. It also provides the Standard
Information Statements (SIS) from every registered health fund, which allows you to
compare health insurance policies.
- Information about how private health insurance works
- Online policy comparison for every Australian health insurance policy
- Health insurance questions answered through an online form
Available to anyone in Australia.
How to access
Call 1300 737 299 (Private Health Insurance Ombudsman).
The National relay service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech
- TTY users, call 133 677, then ask for 1300 737 299
- Speak and Listen users, call 1300 555 727, then ask for 1300 737 299
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service, then ask for 1300 737 299.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7
days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
Visit the Private Health website
Monday to Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
PrivateHealth.gov.au is a free service.
Calls to the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman are charged at the cost of a local call.
Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate.