The Carer Advisory Service provides information and advice to carers and their families about carer supports and services.
- Information and support on counselling and respite programs
- Help finding a carer support group
- Access to specialised carer information and resources
Available to anyone in Australia
How to access
To contact the Carers Advisory Service
The National Relay Service (NRS) is available to help callers with a hearing or speech impairment. For:
- TTY users, call 1800 555 677, then ask for 1800 242 636
- Speak and Listen users, call 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 242 636
- Internet relay users, connect to the National Relay Service (https://internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au/), then ask for 1800 242 636.
The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is available (24 hours, 7 days) for callers who speak other languages. Call 131 450.
To connect to your state or territory Carers Association
Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 5 pm
The Carer Advisory Service is a free service.