DescriptionThe Better Start for Children with Disability initiative provides Australian Government funding for early intervention services (including occupational therapy, physiotherapy and speech pathology) to children with eligible disabilities. Up to $12,000 is available (maximum $6,000 per year) to eligible families.
- Referral to a specialist
Available to all children under the age of six years who have been diagnosed with a specific disability.
How to access
For more information about intervention services and the list of disabilities
- TTY users, call, then ask for 1300 664 786
- Speak and Listen users, call then ask for 1300 664 786
- Internet relay users, connect to the , then ask for 1300 664 786.
CostsThe Better Start for Children with Disability Registration and Information Service is a free service.
- Families living in outer regional or remote areas may be eligible for an additional one-off payment of $2,000.
- Download the registration and information pack for comprehensive information to assist in your decision making.